For our Q4 Manufacturing Outlook webinar, we were joined by Make UK’s Chief Economist, Seamus Nevin who provided an update on the state of UK manufacturing.
We were also joined John Strowger, Managing Director at BDO, Ross McDonald, Head of Debt Advisory at BDO and Tom Green, Associate Director at Aitchison Raffety who discussed some of the key challenges facing UK manufacturers, including interest rates, energy prices and business rates.
Download the Q4 Make UK/BDO Manufacturing Outlook Report here: https://bdo.co.uk/en-gb/manufacturing…
In the video we discuss:
– Introduction: Richard Austin, National Head of Manufacturing, BDO
– Q4 Manufacturing Outlook survey update: Seamus Nevin, Chief Economist, Make UK
– Panel introduction – navigating rising energy prices, business rates and interest rates
– Current outlook for UK energy prices and practical actions manufacturers should be taking to mitigate, or protect themselves against rising prices
– Incentives within the Business Rates system to support investment in green technologies, overview of support available for Business Rates and what can be done to mitigate rising costs
– Insights into lender behaviour towards new credits in an higher interest rate environment and key things prospective borrowers should be thinking about before approaching the market